This month’s Prairie Parent celebrates the holidays. Check it out online and read my “From the Editor” piece reflecting on how mother’s are often the real Santas of the holidays.
Becoming my Mother. Becoming Santa Clause.
From the Editor, Prairie Parent
And while you’re at it, enjoy my mother’s fudge recipe. I’ve shared this before, but since it’s not likely she’ll be able to send out her fudge packages to friends and family this year, perhaps you can make and share this in her honor. I know she’s going to miss being home for Christmas this year. But I’m going to try my best to keep her beautiful traditions going while she’s away this holiday and each Christmas here after so that my girls can have the warm Christmas memories I’ve been fortunate to cherish.
Momma’s Mouth Watering Fudge
Here’s what you need:
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 pound of butter (No worries, I’ll post my Momma’s instructional aerobic video after Christmas)
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Butter an 8×12 baking dish
- Bring sugar and evaporated milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to stir and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir chocolate chips, vanilla and butter.
- Stir until smooth and pour into the buttered baking dish
- Refrigerate until set
- Ask your hubby or the woman in your life with incredible strength to help you cut the fudge into squares
- Serve up on a cute platter and stand back and smile as you experience that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with spreading holiday cheer.
If you haven’t picked up a copy of my book “Coming Home” there’s still time to get a signed copy before Christmas! Recipes, photography, poetry and stories from the ranch. It makes a great gift for the prairie lover in your life.
Order it today at www.jessieveedermusic.com
Sounds mouth watering good 😉
I made your mom’s fudge recipe tonight and it couldn’t have been easier to make and absolutely delicious, although, I did need a larger pan. I will be writing this recipe down and sharing the results with my family and friends this holiday season!
Thank you for sharing,