The Merriest Christmas to all of you. I hope you’re reading this and looking forward to a weekend filled with friends and family and laughter and delicious food. To honor your friendship and support I am giving you a gift that has been enjoyed by many families around the countryside here Christmas after Christmas, courtesy of my Momma. You remember her? My Momma, the woman who has Santa Clause’s cell phone number on speed dial and continues to make Christmas the most magical time of the year. Every year.
And one of the ways she does this is by whipping up this recipe and distributing it in fancy little green and red containers adorned with bows to every person who has touched her family’s life or made her laugh or brought her a bottle of wine at the perfect moment a bottle of wine was necessary throughout the year.
Men drool over this. Women hide it in places their families won’t find it. Kids sneak pieces of this heartfelt delicacy while their parent’s have their backs turned. It’s a little bit of heaven in your mouth.
It’s my momma’s fudge..and I’m going to give you the recipe. A recipe that is sure to put you on the top of the “Nice” list year after year.
Make this and even the family members who’ve disowned you will be knocking at your door, apologizing for their wrong doing with a bottle of champaign begging you to forgive them…and please, can I have a piece of that fudge.
It’s that easy.
I can even make it…all by myself!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 pound of butter (No worries, I’ll post my Momma’s instructional aerobic video after Christmas)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Butter an 8×12 baking dish
- Bring sugar and evaporated milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to stir and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir chocolate chips, vanilla and butter.
- Stir until smooth and pour into the buttered baking dish
- Refrigerate until set
- Ask your hubby or the woman in your life with incredible strength to help you cut the fudge into squares
- Serve up on a cute platter and stand back and smile as you experience that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with spreading holiday cheer.
If you’re looking for me and this fudge, we are more than likely shamefully hiding out somewhere.
Merry Christmas friends. Much love from our house to yours!